Tuesday, May 17, 2005

me = advocate of spicy foods?

One of my newer peculiarities is my seemingly unabashed use of chili powder in all of my cookings; whether it is just a normal Chinese-style stir fry down to the 'original' Malaysian style hot curry.

Indeed, the trend is so worrying that it is increasingly becoming one of my trademarks among my friends and my seniors. Those who are either brave or foolish enough (hehe...) to eat my dishes would later find themselves gulping down large amounts of water after their meal.... and the worse part is the spicy taste lingers long after initial 'shock' has subsided....

In order to cater those with less 'accommodating' tastebuds, I often took the liberty of cooking two separate versions of my dishes; one which is burning hot and the other rather mild in comparison... apparently, I can't seemed to cook ONE dish which is just perfect, neither too hot nor too mild to everybody's liking.... the taste seemed - if I may use the word - 'quantized' and present itself only in 'discrete' levels of spicyness....

And to top it all off, I find that at times, I could not even stand my own cooking and will find myself instantly clobbering all over the place to get a glass of water...

Talk about having a taste of your own medicine, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home