Friday, January 19, 2007

home again...

I have always felt that to be able to write or articulate ideas and points of view are a sign of an open and uncluttered state of mind.

Mundane daily concerns, pressing deadlines, incessant worries about other people and work will inevitably affect the free spirited roaming of one's mind, initially pinning it down and if left idle for too long, it will ultimately forget how to fly.

Cleverly used, a person's piece of written work could be used to divine a person's current state of mind.

It is one of those windows to a person's mind and soul that is often deliberately left open when all others are closed shut.

Truth be told, I didn't approach the winter break with a good note - rushing and stumbling through the finish line rather than breezily passing through it.

The same could be said about the end of the winter break I guess. When the new term started, it felt as if I was still carrying the old baggage from the last term - all my troubles and uncertainties that has been haunting me since then.

I shoved them all aside, expecting to deal with them when the time is right.

I waited and waited for that time to come; I think there is a word for that in the English language - it starts with a 'p'.

I guess I am still beating around the bush even now.

I hope to write real soon about my Turkey trip, thoughts for the new year, commentary on the latest in the local sociopolitical scene once I am through and done with all these mind-numbing quandaries at the moment.

I just pray that you will not have to wait too long. See you on the other side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home