Sunday, May 14, 2006

for my mother...

(a dedication to my mother, a woman of amazing strength and grace)

As the sun rises in the east
And sets in all its glory in the west
Time passed and the years flew by
I was far away from home, out of the nest.

In the bitter cold of the winter's night
I wrapped a layer of wool around me
Here all alone in a foreign land
How I wish it were your arms hugging me.

While the independence was welcomed
I could not help feeling a little helpless
I had to run my own life as it were
And cold, lonely nights made it much worse.

You always remained in the shadow
Of every applause heard, every accolade received,
You never asked for any acknowledgment
You merely gave and continue to give.


Adapted from My Companion on Life's Journey by LAUREN LIM

1 Comments:

Blogger angelicgirl98 said...

this is a great poem!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home