Friday, May 27, 2005

if only they have air conditioning inside the library....

As absent-minded as this might sound, I delighted to say that I didn't wear shoes when I went to the library today; instead, I finally decided it was time for me to start wearing slippers...

The weather was particularly warm today with temperatures reaching almost 30 degrees. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starting to feel like I'm back in Malaysia; walking around in slippers, not having to put a jacket on, wearing single layered clothing (well, actually it's still double layered for me; still feeling a little odd when wearing only a single layer.... a kind of feeling more or less like you're naked).

I must admit that it took some time for me to adjust to the warm weather; I guess it's quite a shock stepping out of the library only to find out that the temperature outside is much warmer than it is inside (like in Malaysia?) especially since it have always been the other around for the past few months.

When I complained to Patrick about the particularly warm weather, he sarcastically asked whether I am Norwegian or Malaysian.

Well, I guess as long Europe is not hit with another heat wave like the past few years, I will manage the weather; though I think here in London, it feels more like you're battling with the weather rather than coping with it...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the air conditioner is outside the library..

3:00 AM  
Blogger wanaimran said...

in the case of last friday, the situation was exactly reversed, a fact clearly pointed out in this post...

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah.. but due to greenhouse effect isn't it still much better to stay outside in some shade.. rather than inside some microwave building with no aircond..

10:37 AM  
Blogger wanaimran said...

might i remind you that the point of contention here is not whether it better to stay in or out; it never was in the first place...

the post was intended to be a personal, albeit a little absent-minded observation...

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i checked last friday when it was 25 degrees in KL and 30 degrees in london.. but then KL is in the midnight at that particular time..

p/s: its better to stay out.. enjoy the sunshine.. before the rainy days come.. and now it rains a lot..

2:51 PM  
Blogger wanaimran said...

your advice is duly noted...

though i admit i could not understand how it came about in the first place..

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home