Friday, September 30, 2005

empty decorations

I have moved into my new place on Monday; got a nice fairly large single room with a good view to myself - well enough for me to be sufficiently satisfied with it.

It's just that I wished that I could have all my stuffs now so that I could start unpacking and filling my room with stuffs as soon as possible; it is rather unnerving being in a largely empty room - the room feels impersonal, alien and cold (literally in my case).

I did some re-arrangements to the furnitures in my room based on my scant knowledge of feng-shui and some other practical considerations; I must admit that I very much prefer the way it looked now compared to its original arrangements.

Still, with all my stuffs at Jia Hong's place coupled with the fact that he won't be back till this weekend, I have to endure several nights without my books, duvet, pillows, cooking utensils etc. (the importance not necessarily in that order); let me just say that I'm not as adept at adjusting to the cold weather as I thought and that living in an almost empty room is as bad as experiencing existential angst.

I guess it goes to show how distressed I am that I have resorted to go around the house offering my assistance to my other housemates to organize their books and stuffs.

As for the rest of the house, I think the others are fitting in quite well themselves; we have bought most of the essential stuffs needed for the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom - though I would think several times before deciding to buy any household items from Argus next time round.

I guess desperate measures should only be taken up under desperate circumstances and that quality should never be compromised in the name of lower costs however tempting that might be.

For now, I am keeping myself busy reading several books - some I received as an early birthday gift from my family and some I borrowed from the college library - and trying as best as I could to nudge myself to start writing again.

I think there is something about the cold British weather that causes your mind to be extremely lethargic, making it hard for you to conceive any reasonably good ideas to be written down; indeed, sometimes it felt as if my mind is in a deep freeze.

Therefore, I am now desperately hoping for a kind of a 'divine' spark to get myself out of this hibernation; it has been far too long for my liking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home