Thursday, August 03, 2006

out of the woods

I know it's been nearly a month since my last post and one should be forgiven to think that maybe I have lost my zest and enthusiasm for writing nowadays; indeed, sometimes I wonder about it myself.

I mean, this time last year, I had one post filled with nostalgaic events of my first year in London, one post just before I departed, one post heralding my arrival in Ipoh and one post tinged with wide-eyed hope and anticipation for the summer.

None of those this year though; all I manage to scribe about was my anxiousness and growing concern on how summer this year will turn out to be. It was filled with uncertainty, dread and a sense of loss.

Looking back, I think most of my earlier fears were ridiculously misplaced, some even bordering on sheer paranoia - clearly nothing but simply a product of someone who just travelled 12 hours across several time zones.

That said, I must admit that a few of the concerns did help me better prepare and plan for the summer, especially during those precious moments in-between my thoughts.

But I guess at that particular moment of place and time, I really felt that I needed to let all of my concerns and worries out. I was desperate for an outlet and writing about it helps.

I reckon doing that was one of the few things that saved my summer plans from being irretrievably lost in the midst of hopeless confusion that was my mind.

And now, on with programme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home